- Media is ResinTech® Premium acid-washed carbon
- KDF® extends GAC life and inhibits bacteria growth
- Available in acid-washed coconut shell GAC
ResinTechcoconut shell granular activated carbon (GAC) is used in combina-tion with KDF® media to significantly extend the life of filter cartridges. KDF®55 media is a redox media that removes chlorine and reduces heavy metals. KDF® 85 removes hydrogen sulfide and reduces iron by the redox process and filtration. Both KDF® redox media are bacteriostatic and inhibit the growth of microorganisms in the filter.
Features & Benefits
- Stabilized KDF 85®: KDF® media pretreatment of granular activated carbon extends the carbon’s life and limits bacteria growth in the beds.
- Acid Washed Coconut Shell Carbon: Acid washing removes ash content, prevents pH spiking, and adds approximately 5% more capacity to carbon media.
- Oversized Cartridge For Maximum Media Fill: AF Series cartridges have up to 50% higher capacity and extend cartridge life, due to the use of larger cartridges. Oversized AF Series cartridges are double-open end cartridges that fit standard residential and industrial housings.
- Quality Produced And Made In The USA: Cartridges are produced by Aries FilterWorks, a division of ResinTech®. Strict quality control over all aspects of cartridge and media production allows complete traceability of every filter.
- Drinking-Water - Carbon / KDF® cartridges are used in a variety of pretreatment or primary treatment for home and commercial drinking water systems. The use of this filter extends the life of existing cartridges and reduces cost by reducing the frequency of filter change-outs.
- Private Wells - KDF® media are incorporated into combinations with carbon and other matrices for bacteria control and scale reduction for treating contaminants in water.
- Reverse Osmosis And Deionization Systems - This cartridge protects RO systems from chlorine degradation, and ion exchange media from bacterial contamination, extending the life of the system's components and reducing operating cost.
- For Chlorinated City Water or Lake/River Water Filtration